New Far Cry 3 Patch Includes Enhancements to Both Single and Multiplayer
In December I played a game in the Far Cry series for the first time, Far Cry 3. We really liked the game and I beat it on the most difficult setting. It was hard at first but as I became more awesome with upgrades and better weapons, I became an unstoppable force sniping bad guys with the bow from more than 100 yards away. I disappointed myself if I set off any alarms while taking down an outpost and would usually revert to a previous save and try again. I really don't know where I'm going with this so I will just jump into the new patch details.
- Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again.
- A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on MASTER difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife.
- New HUD/UK settings: allowing most on-screen information can be toggled on/off in the settings.
- Map Beta Test: Players who upload a new map can now publish it as a beta test to monitor how it is played and improve it before releasing to other players.
- Maps by author: Players will be able to search all the maps created by an author.
- Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches.
- The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote
The patch was inspired by community feedback and is available now for the consoles and PC's. I know I will replay the single player campaign on the master difficulty so I can brag to my friends how awesome I am and to up my Raptr score, ha!