Creating a Simpler, Secure Workflow: Xerox Technology Supports Cloud Services, Custom Apps, BYOD and
Creating a Simpler, Secure Workflow: Xerox Technology Supports Cloud Services, Custom Apps, BYOD and More
NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Xerox (NYS: XRX) today introduced ConnectKey™, a software system embedded in Xerox multifunction printers (MFPs) and a set of solutions that respond to an increasingly mobile workforce and the need for more advanced IT security across connected devices.
Sixteen ConnectKey MFPs - including the new WorkCentre® 5800 and 7800 Series - will use the industry's first embedded security protection from McAfee, giving IT managers more control and peace of mind in "bring your own device" (BYOD) workplaces. ConnectKey MFPs also have an extra layer of security with Cisco's TrustSec, which protects data paths to and from the devices.
With ConnectKey's open Application Programming Interface (API), sales channel partners, systems integrators and resellers can develop and embed apps on the MFP with no additional software requirements.
"ConnectKey was designed for one purpose: to simplify how work gets done in a secure, 'always on' world," said Douraid Zaghouani, president, Channel Partner Operations, Xerox. "Through the MFP as a secure hub, ConnectKey's features include the ability to scan and upload documents to cloud repositories, send business-critical documents directly into workflow processes and print securely and easily from any mobile device. It's Xerox innovation that takes hassles out of workdays and adds more productivity into workplaces."
Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company, a hotel management and development company based in Raleigh, N.C., recognizes the benefits of ConnectKey - such as scanning to SharePoint and mobile printing - in its headquarters and plans to expand these services to its 90 hotels in North America.
"From an innovation standpoint, ConnectKey is great. My only regret is that we didn't have it sooner," said Brian Cornell, chief information officer, Information Technology, Concord Hospitality.
Work simplified with MFP apps, cloud access, mobile printing
ConnectKey's solutions give IT professionals, channel partners and large, medium and small workplaces fast and easy ways to get work done, including:
- Standard apps or build-your-own: Xerox's App Studio will let users and channel partners customize apps that make daily work processes faster. For example, a custom app for a health insurance company could scan reimbursement claims directly into the payment system from the MFP screen.
- Cloud access: With a single touch - and no middleware - ConnectKey Share to Cloud moves documents to repositories, such as SharePoint Online, Google Drive, DropBox, Evernote, PaperPort Anywhere and Salesforce.com. It also allows automatic conversion to searchable PDF, Word or Excel, making documents easier to manage for the future.
- Connect to SharePoint: Office workers can browse, convert and store documents in SharePoint and network folders, or store directly to their SharePoint My Site or home folder. With a focus on ease of installation and maintenance, it's designed for small and midsized businesses.
- Easy IT integration: ConnectKey MFPs can be managed as a central part of the network, much like servers, for straightforward set-up and service. Troubleshooting and training can be addressed remotely by IT administrators, or self-help can be initiated with online support and videos on the front panel.
- Print from anywhere: Workers can print from any email-enabled mobile device without special software with Xerox Mobile Print, or use apps with additional convenience features developed for iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry. Users have the added flexibility of choosing to implement mobile print as either a cloud-based or on-site solution.
The Xerox WorkCentre 5800 Series and the WorkCentre 7800 Series are available immediately; the WorkCentre 7220/7225, the Xerox ColorQube® 9300 Series and the Xerox ColorQube 8700/8900 Series with the ConnectKey Controllers will be available in the second quarter.
The ConnectKey for SharePoint and ConnectKey Share to Cloud are available immediately; the Xerox Apps Studio will be available early in the third quarter.
For more information, visit http://www.xerox.com/connectkey.
With sales approaching $23 billion, Xerox (NYS: XRX) is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its technology, expertise and services enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. The 140,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit http://www.xerox.com, http://news.xerox.com or http://www.realbusiness.com. For investor information, visit http://www.xerox.com/investor.
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/rss. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
XEROX®, XEROX and Design®, ConnectKey™, ColorQube® and WorkCentre® are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.
Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Connecticut
The article Creating a Simpler, Secure Workflow: Xerox Technology Supports Cloud Services, Custom Apps, BYOD and More originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.