iRobot Introduces New Mirra™ 530 Pool Cleaning Robot and Takes Looj® 330 Gutter Cleaning Robot Inter
iRobot Introduces New Mirra™ 530 Pool Cleaning Robot and Takes Looj®330 Gutter Cleaning Robot International
Mirra 530 provides an easy, energy-saving solution to pool cleaning.
BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- iRobot Corp. (NAS: IRBT) , a leader in delivering robotic technology-based solutions, today announced the Mirra 530 Pool Cleaning Robot and Looj 330 Gutter Cleaning Robot. These robots - and others - will be displayed at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, being held January 8-11. iRobot can be found in South Hall 3, upper level, booth 30665.
"Mirra 530 features the latest in pool cleaning technology and an easy-to-use design, bringing yet another state-of-the art solution to iRobot's line of home robots," said Jeff Beck, chief operating officer at iRobot. "This is also the first time that our outdoor robots, including the award-winning Looj 330, will be available internationally, a huge leap forward for the fast growing robotics industry."
iRobot Mirra 530 brings advanced robotic technology underwater.
Mirra deep cleans any type of in-ground pool surface and water without using the pool's filtration system, hoses or booster pumps, which results in energy cost savings from running these pool systems less frequently. Mirra 530 provides complete pool coverage and a thorough cleaning through its iAdapt® Nautiq Responsive Cleaning Technology.
- Dual top-load filter canisters for easier and faster emptying of debris.Modern styling and aesthetic.
- iAdapt Nautiq allows the robot to size up the approximate dimensions of the pool - then choose the optimum cleaning cycle for maximum efficiency.
- Provides the most thorough cleaning by making multiple passes over the entire inside of the pool, floor to waterline, including walls and stairs.
- Constantly responds to its environment by navigating obstacles, changing directions when necessary and making sure not to tangle its 60-foot floating power cord.
- Self-contained vacuum, pump and filter system works without suction lines or other modifications to existing systems.
- Pumps and filters 70 gallons of pool water per minute.
- Reduces heated hot spots and keeps chlorinated water evenly distributed.
- PVC active scrubbing brush lifts dirt, algae and bacteria off the pool floor and walls, including the water line where oils and bacteria can build up. Fine filters capture debris as tiny as two microns.
iRobot Looj 330 cleans gutters on its own at the press of a button.
A CES Innovations honoree and Edison Award nominee, Looj 330 takes a dangerous job and does it for you, preventing overreaching and repeated trips up and down the ladder. Looj uses a high-velocity, four-stage auger to blast away leaves, dirt and clogs while brushing gutters clean.
- A four-stage auger spins at 500 RPM to blast away leaves, dirt and clogs.
- In CLEAN mode, Looj automatically senses and adapts to debris, providing the most effective cleaning.
- A 7.2V Lithium-ion battery provides superior performance.
- A scraper boosts cleaning performance and clears a path for the robot.
- A low-profile design enables Looj to fit in more gutters worldwide.
- A communications range up to 50-feet between the robot and remote control handle allows Looj to clean long stretches of gutter without having to move the ladder.
- Interchangeable auger flaps allow for best performance.
- Waterproof in up to 8 inches of water and easy to clean with a hose.
- Cleans up to a 30-foot section of gutter in 5 minutes on average.
- Cleans 200 linear feet per battery charge on average.
Mirra 530 will have a suggested retail price of $1,299.99, and Looj 330 will have a suggested retail price of $299.99; both outdoor cleaning robots will be available in North America and select countries worldwide beginning Spring 2013 - check global.irobot.com for specific availability. Looj 330 is already available for sale in North America at iRobot.com.
About iRobot Corp.
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference. For more than two decades, iRobot has led the global robot industry. More than 8 million of the company's home robots have been sold worldwide, helping people find smarter ways to clean. More than 5,000 of its combat-proven defense and security robots have been delivered to military and defense forces worldwide, to protect those in harm's way. iRobot's consumer and military robots feature iRobot Aware® robot intelligence systems, proprietary technology incorporating advanced concepts in navigation, mobility, manipulation and artificial intelligence. For more information about iRobot, please visit www.irobot.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts Nevada
The article iRobot Introduces New Mirra™ 530 Pool Cleaning Robot and Takes Looj® 330 Gutter Cleaning Robot International originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.