Avnet Velocity's Douglas Kent to Lead Hands-On Workshop at the 6th Annual Hi-Tech Supply Chain Summi
Avnet Velocity's Douglas Kent to Lead Hands-On Workshop at the 6thAnnual Hi-Tech Supply Chain Summit
Kent to Share His Expertise on Supply Chain and Integrated Business Planning on October 22
PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, today announced that Douglas Kent, global vice president of Avnet Velocity, will be leading the "Create a Competitive Advantage by Increasing Your S&OP Maturity: A Step-by-Step Guide to Integrated Business Planning" workshop during the Hi-Tech & Electronics Supply Chain Summit - The Americas in San Francisco on October 22, 2012, at 3:00 p.m.
Douglas Kent, global vice president of Avnet Velocity, to share his expertise on supply chain and integrated business planning on October 22. (Photo: Business Wire)
This hands-on workshop is high-tech specific, and provides attendees with a comprehensive understanding of how their supply chains can move their organizations toward fully integrated business planning. During the workshop, participants will develop actionable steps that are specifically targeted to capture the attention of their company's executive board, and spur business transformation.
The workshop content is organized into three specific tasks that will explore how best to optimize a supply chain:
- Task 1: Gain a Comprehensive Understanding of the Transformative Role that Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Could Play in Your Core Supply Chain Areas
- This task includes risk management and scenario planning; improving agility and responsiveness; becoming more market driven; and network and cost optimization.
- Task 2: Know Exactly Where Your Company Stands with the Interactive Maturity Monitor
- Attendees will be asked to complete a Maturity Monitor questionnaire before participating in the workshop to determine their company's self-assessed level of sales and operations planning maturity.
- The Maturity Monitor will be used to compare where attendees' companies stand versus industry peers and gain accurate benchmarking numbers to share with their company's executive board.
- Task 3: Overcoming Barriers and Crafting a Roadmap to Integrated Business Planning
- Using what was learned in the second task, this section will focus on how to overcome key barriers to IBP and draw up an initial roadmap to IBP.
"In today's global environment, the lack of integrated business processes can cause delays, a lack of supply chain visibility and increases in costs for a company," said Kent. "This workshop is designed to provide attendees with a true assessment of their planning maturity and develop a clear understanding of how to overcome barriers and create an integrated business plan to improve security, reduce costs and increase the efficiency of their supply chains."
The Hi-Tech & Electronics Supply Chain Summit is an annual event organized by Eye for Transport, a global leader in business intelligence and C-level networking for the transport, logistics and supply chain industry. The Summit focuses on current supply chain issues and brings in executives from all over to offer insight, advice and hands-on workshops.
Kent is the global vice president of Avnet Velocity, a global supply chain solutions division of Avnet. He has more than 25 years of experience in the development, marketing and deployment of tailored supply chain solutions for companies across a wide variety of industries. He is also currently the appointed European director of the Supply Chain Council, where he has served in various capacities since 1998. Kent is one of a select few SCOR® certified instructors.
To register for the Hi-Tech & Electronics Supply Chain Summit - The Americas visit: http://events.eyefortransport.com/hitechUS/registration.php
Avnet, Inc. (NYS: AVT) , a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. Avnet accelerates its partners' success by connecting the world's leading technology suppliers with a broad base of customers by providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012, Avnet generated revenue of $25.7 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com.
All company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50442094〈=en
KEYWORDS: United States North America Arizona California
The article Avnet Velocity's Douglas Kent to Lead Hands-On Workshop at the 6th Annual Hi-Tech Supply Chain Summit originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.