Ciena and Axians Enable NewTelco's Ethernet Exchange Offering
Ciena and Axians Enable NewTelco's Ethernet Exchange Offering
NewTelco offers service providers flexible, transparent, highly reliable Ethernet connectivity based on Ciena's packet networking solution
HANOVER, Md. & FRANKFURT, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Ciena® Corporation (NAS: CIEN) , the network specialist, and its BizConnect Gold partner Axians, an independent IT systems integrator, today announced that colocation specialist NewTelco is offering its service provider customers new Ethernet connectivity services based on Ciena's 5400 and 5305 Service Aggregation Switches. The deployment is live in Frankfurt - the largest Ethernet exchange centre in Europe - and will be followed by an expansion program covering London, Amsterdam, Zurich, Vienna, Stockholm and Kiev, as well as New York.
- NewTelco is a colocation specialist and hardware distributor that serves a wide range of international service providers. Ciena's Carrier Ethernet Solutions will replace NewTelco's current exchange network and enable it to offer highly reliable, transparent and flexible connectivity services to carrier customers while supporting higher service level agreements (SLAs).
- Ciena's solution offers a secure virtual Ethernet switch architecture that allows NewTelco to effectively support all of its carrier customers on a single platform. By supporting a wide range of services on a single platform, NewTelco can minimise the number of interfaces required by customers. Moreover, with Ciena's highly scalable, flexible and granular solution, NewTelco can cost-effectively meet customers' evolving requirements, reducing CAPEX and OPEX and enabling it to better compete in the carrier exchange business.
- To rapidly deploy new services and efficiently manage its network, NewTelco will deploy Ciena's OneControl Unified Management System.
- "NewTelco's international customers count on us for highly reliable, flexible and cost-efficient connectivity in the key exchange centre in Europe (Frankfurt am Main). Ciena's technology is powering NewTelco's position in the Ethernet Exchange industry by enabling us to tailor services to the specific requirements of each carrier customer and support higher, verifiable SLAs."
- Matthias Hartmann, Managing Director at NewTelco
- "Ciena's built-for-speed Carrier Ethernet Solutions portfolio provides NewTelco with rapid and automated service creation, activation and management, enabling it to efficiently meet the requirements of its customers. With support for multiple services and standards in a single interface and superior VLAN manipulation, Ciena's network offers NewTelco a flexible solution that supports a full range of services while simplifying network management."
- John-Paul Hemingway, Vice-President and General Manager, EMEA at Ciena
- "Axians has worked closely with NewTelco to select the most advanced, feature-rich technology for its future-proof Carrier Ethernet network. As part of this process, Ciena proved the excellence of its solution in a lab trial, demonstrating the superior functionality that will enable NewTelco to remain a value-added partner to its customers and stay ahead of the competition."
- Detlev Schmidt, Director, AXIANS Business Unit Carriers & Service Providers
- Ciena's Carrier Ethernet Solutions (CES) portfolio combines intelligent devices and software to create low-touch, high-velocity Carrier Ethernet services and metro networks creating a common, consistent way to deliver the full range of Ethernet services.
- Ciena's management system solution includes OneControl, which provides comprehensive unified management, visualization and control of the network. Additionally, Ciena's solution enables automated service activation, allowing users to efficiently build and deploy large-scale Carrier Ethernet networks - reducing time to market for new services, accelerating service revenue, maximising service availability and assuring service quality.
- Customers of Ciena's Carrier Ethernet include more than 150 carriers, wireless service providers and cable operators worldwide, with an installed base of nearly 250,000 Ethernet-enabled sites.
- Product data sheet:5305 Service Aggregation Switch
- Product data sheet:OneControl Unified Management System
- Brochure:Carrier Ethernet Solutions
- Video:Ciena's 5400 Family - Changing the way Network Operators Compete
Ciena is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. With focused innovation, Ciena brings together the reliability and capacity of optical networking with the flexibility and economics of Ethernet, unified by services and software that delivers the industry's leading network automation. We routinely post recent news, financial results and other important announcements and information about Ciena on our website. For more information, visit www.ciena.com.
NewTelco is a global network-neutral solution provider in the telecommunication industry that offers a broad array of value-added managed services helping customers in building their eBusiness. Our end-to-end service company provides cost-effective, reliable and quick access to an ecosystem of 1,000+ telecommunication carriers, enterprise operators, internet service providers, and small-to-large enterprises. The company serves primarily carrier service providers including some of the largest names in the industry. For NewTelco, cost effectiveness means not only a goal-oriented solution, but also promptness and adherence to schedules when planning, implementing, and supervising projects. This provides clients with the security to ensure a smooth-running business. For more information, please visit www.newtelco.de.
As a global brand of VINCI Energies, one of the leading European providers of energy and information technology, AXIANS focuses on designing, delivering and maintaining next-generation networking technology that helps customers extend and maintain their competitive momentum. The solution portfolio includes Optical Transmission, Converged Infrastructures, Data Center Solutions, Unified Communications, Mobility Technologies and Managed Services for enterprise customers, carriers and service providers.
In an international team of technical experts and consultants AXIANS established itself as one of the leading systems integration and service partner for large enterprises and service providers in Europe. AXIANS is a member of ServiceOne Alliance, an alliance of like-minded networking service partners that has been created to provide high quality, consistent local service delivery for customers around the globe. More information about AXIANS is available at www.axians.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-Q, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on September 5, 2012. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Jamie Moody, +1 214-995-8035
Paula Muezerie, +44 (0) 207 012 5640
Gregg Lampf, +1 410-694-5700
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America Maryland Germany
The article Ciena and Axians Enable NewTelco's Ethernet Exchange Offering originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.