Rumor Report: Pepsi to Cut 4,000 Jobs
At The Motley Fool, we know our readers like to be informed. Here's a quick look at today's most relevant financial news, boiled down to what you need to know. In today's video, we cover the following:
- PepsiCo (NYS: PEP) is reportedly looking to cut thousands of jobs and reduce pension plan costs in order to boost profits.
- Verizon (NYS: VZ) agreed to increase the amount of compensation it previously disclosed for former CEO Ivan Seidenberg, after the SEC raised concerns.
- Apple (NAS: AAPL) hired Todd Teresi, a former executive of Adobe Systems, to lead its struggling iAd business.
So there you have it -- the top financial stories of the day. If you're interested in getting all the news and commentary on these stocks, sign up for My Watchlist -- it's free!
- Add Verizon Communications to My Watchlist.
- Add PepsiCo to My Watchlist.
- Add Google to My Watchlist.
- Add Adobe Systems to My Watchlist.
- Add Apple to My Watchlist.
At the time this article was published Fool contributor Tamara Rutter owns shares of Apple and PepsiCo. Follow her on Twitter for more Foolish news @TamaraRutter. The Motley Fool owns shares of Apple, Google, and PepsiCo. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Google, Apple, Adobe Systems, and PepsiCo, as well as creating a bull call spread position in Apple and diagonal call positions in PepsiCo and Adobe Systems. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has adisclosure policy
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.