Daily Roundup: Today's Top Stories
At The Motley Fool, we know our readers like to be informed. Here's a quick look at today's most relevant financial news, boiled down to what you need to know. In today's video, we cover the following:
- IBM (NYS: IBM) won a bid to build a food-monitoring system in China.
- eBay's (NAS: EBAY) PayPal aims to launch a daily deals service before April 2012, which will compete with others in the discount coupon market including Amazon (NAS: AMZN) , Groupon (NAS: GRPN) , and Google.
- Jet-maker Boeing (NYS: BA) secured a $19 billion deal with Southwest Airlines (NYS: LUV) for Boeing's upgraded 737 MAX jets, which will feature a new fuel-efficient engine made by General Electric (NYS: GE) .
So there you have it -- the top financial stories of the day. If you're interested in getting all the news and commentary on these stocks, sign up for My Watchlist -- it's free!
- Add Southwest Airlines to My Watchlist.
- Add International Business Machines to My Watchlist.
- Add Google to My Watchlist.
- Add General Electric to My Watchlist.
- Add eBay to My Watchlist.
- Add Boeing to My Watchlist.
- Add Amazon.com to My Watchlist.
At the time this article was published Fool contributor Tamara Rutter does not own any positions in the stocks mentioned here. Follow her on Twitter for more Foolish news @TamaraRutter. The Motley Fool owns shares of Amazon.com, IBM, and Google. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of eBay, Google, Southwest Airlines, and Amazon.com, as well as writing puts on eBay. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2011 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.