Barbados Tourism Benefits from Fertility Clinic
Mike Toy/Barbados Tourism
The Barbados Fertility Centre has created a number of in vitro fertilization (IVF) "holiday packages" that bundle in airfare, accommodations and airport and clinic transfers in a range of prices.
The 14-night Comfort package, for example, is priced from $5,500 for suite accommodations at the Coral Mist Beach Hotel with a kitchen and economy airfare.
At the other end of the spectrum, the two-week Elite Package costs from $30,000 and includes first-class upgrades on air, accommodations at Sandy Lane, breakfasts and participation in a mind/body program with a therapy session, yoga, acupuncture and other wellness sessions.
The IVF costs are not included in the price of the vacation packages.
The idea behind the packages, in addition to increasing medical tourism to the island, is to help reduce the stress associated with the IVF and other fertility treatments, according to the Barbados Fertility Center web site.
- New Thrills and Chills on Amusement Park Rides[AOL Travel]
- Ten Stunning Ecotourism Destinations (PHOTOS) [Huffington Post]
- Tricks of Hotel Room Home Cooking (Video)[Lonely Planet]
- Indoor Waterpark Resorts to Amp Up a Vacation[AOL Travel]
- European Travel Made Easy[Reader's Digest]