AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Alida Nattress
Location: San Francisco, Calif.
Job: Health Care Insurance
Time Unemployed: 2 years with several temp jobs in between
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
Quick-learner, loyal, ethical, work independently and with team equally well, easy going demeanor, tenacious with details, strong writing skills, thrive on projects and organizing chaos.
Over thirty years of Executive Administrative Assistant experience. I provide excellent skills and proven ability in planning and leading corporate programs, working independently to ensure timely completion of projects and maintaining communication with customers, employees, suppliers, and business partners. As Executive Assistant, I fulfill the day-to-day managerial role, often working on special projects, undertaking analytical work and research. I am detail oriented and able to handle highly confidential information discreetly. I have strong technical skills with personal computer desktop systems and software with diverse experience with finance, insurance and health care.
- 1989-1992 Business Law classes – Siena College, Albany, NY
- 2009-present B.S. Business Mgmt – p.t. study Penn Foster
- 1979 Certified Nurses' Assistant – Albany, NY
- 2001 Certificed Nurses' Assistant – Walnut Creek, CA
Contra Costa County Human Svcs [Contract] January 2011-present
Family Services (Abuse & Human Trafficking)
Grant Writing & Budget Controller
- Maintaining Federal and County financial records, contracts, and grant writing for program endurance.
RMC Water [Contract] December 2010-January 2011
- Set-up contract & contract budget databases, set-up file center, designed forms databases.
West Yost Associates [Contract] May-October 2010
Executive Assistant Business Development
- Technical Word Processing of Engineering Memorandums, contracts, presentations.
- Ad hoc reporting projects for Human Resources and State Labor Board
UnitedHealth Group August 2005-April 2009
Executive Assistant to CEO/Business Operations
- Maintains and manages CEO's calendar, extensive travel, and family events.
- Sales analysis, budget forecast planning, and financial reporting for West Coast divisions – annually provided to Corporate CEO & CFO.
- Weekly revenue analysis reports and spreadsheets for CFO for new division.
- Prepares high level PowerPoint Presentations for quarterly All Hands meetings and Sales Conferences, secures logistics, transportation, catering, coordination for up to 350 attendees.
- Lead Project Manager for divisional Real Estate projects, overall budget approvals with Corporate CFO and senior management, and IT CIO.
- Participates in identifying and implementing programs to improve company processes and procedures including development of sales P&L, divisional financial analysis, and implementing tight cost controls on equipment purchases/leases.
Contra Costa Co Dept of Education [Contract] November 2004-June 2005
County Education Board
Human Resources Generalist II
- Maintains employee database, substitute worker phone system and employee payroll.
- Assistant support for Superintendant and Assistant Superintendant Officers.
- Recruitment, daily orientations and on-boarding.
- Budget planning and reporting with CFO & Accounting Divisions weekly.
Berkshire Mortgage Finance August 2001-June 2004
Executive Assistant/Financial Analyst
- Maintains and manages RVP's calendar, extensive travel, and sales events.
- Financial analysis reports for prospective loan packages, loan presentations to Board of Directors.
- Assist clients from start to finish, assembling loan packages, hiring third-party vendors and managing their contracts, assisting HUD officers and legal parties with loan closings.
Lee Harris Pomeroy Architects October 1998-June 2001
Architectural & Engineering
Executive Assistant to CEO & Tenant Companies
- Maintains and manages CEO's calendar, contracts, and support for tenant companies including Punch Reports and government technical manuals.
- Assists Accounting and Marketing divisions.
- Liaison for International clients, specifically China, Italy, Argentina, Greece.
- Microsoft Office (Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project)[Test Scores: 96-100%]
- Typing: 65wpm – tested & certified
- Crystal Reports
- Varied Computing Accounting programs
If you have a position or job lead for Alida, please contact her at about.me/AlidaNattress