AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Holly Wilson
Location: Washington, D.C.
Time Unemployed: 1 month
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
I am an extremely dedicated and organized individual who works hard to complete tasks in an efficient and effective manner. I also strive to exhibit a positive, can-do attitude in every situation.
To obtain a position with an organization that will allow me to utilize my strong organizational, communication and decision-making skills.
University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- A.B. in Political Science
- GPA: 3.75 – Graduated Magna Cum Laude with Honors
September – December 2010 United States Senate – Office of Senator Johnny Isakson
University of Georgia Public Policy Fellow
- Compile financial news clips for Senate staff
- Compose letters in response to constituent concerns
- Attend select Congressional hearings and write memoranda
- Research public policy topics using the Library of Congress and other Senate resources
- Meet with individuals to discuss their concerns and interests in various public policy matters, including agriculture, banking, budget, social security, real estate / mortgage and social issues
May – August 2010 Rob Fisher for Congress
- Answer phones and welcome visitors to the campaign office
- Attend campaign events on behalf of and with the candidate
- Perform campaign research for staff
- Assist in the maintenance of new media communications
- Create call-lists and walk-lists utilizing TrailBlazer Political Campaign software
September – December 2009 United States House of Representatives – Office of Congressman Joseph Pitts
- Answer phones, communicating effectively and politely with constituents
- Process incoming mail and faxes
- Assist in Values Action Team and special projects preparation
- Lead constituent tours of the Capitol Complex
- Provide support services to legislative assistants and other office employees
May – August 2009 Ross Stores, Inc,
- Process clothing and hard line materials as received in the store
- Maintain a clean, safe and friendly sales floor
August 2008 – May 2009 University of Georgia Food Services
- Become competent in all food service workstations and maintain a clean work environment
- Communicate effectively with other students and full-time employees to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experienced with Publisher
- Ability to utilize Intranet Quorum (IQ), Trailblazer and VoterVault
If you have a job lead for Holly, please contact her at about.me/HollyWilson.