AOL Jobs Week Resume Winner: Richard Morgan
Location: Atlanta, GA
Industry: Consumer Packaged Goods
Job: Sales, Business Development, Account Executive
Time Unemployed: 15 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
Results-oriented sales executive with more than 12 years experience in the consumer products industry. Adept at identifying and capitalizing on growth opportunities through proper due diligence, product presentations, brand development, mentoring/leadership, highly developed client relationship skills, and the ability to work well within a collaborative settings.
What do I bring with me?
- Experience – 12+ years in the consumer products/services sales in both regional and national account executive roles.
- Sales team leadership- Successfully trained and led field sales teams within two prominent organizations
- Ability to generate strategic business relationships – As a business professional who has operated on both sides of the buying desk, I embrace the important elements for creating lasting B2B partnerships.
- Collaborative spirit – The success of any company can be measured by the cohesion between units within the infrastructure.
- Creativity – Necessary to forge ahead under the power of new ideas.
- Strong values and business ethics – It is impossible to establish solid business relationships without these elements.
- Integrity – Clients can count on me for deliverables
- Communication – Whatever the parameters of the sales cycle may be, timely updates and feedback secure client trust.
- Successful sales results are a consequence of creativity, hard-work, internal collaboration, being attentive to client and the ability to explore optional courses of action.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, MARKETING
GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, PUBLIC AND URBAN AFFAIRS
02/2010 – Present CAREER SOLUTIONS, ATLANTA GA
- Entrepreneurial business opportunity providing career services for those within the job search community.
- Offer fee-based services within the areas of resume review, resume construction, interview preparation, one-on-one counseling, generation of candidate communications (letters/scripts of introduction, resume cover letters, follow-up/thank response memos, etc)
- Provide resume reviews for non-profit professional networking and equipping organizations (volunteer).
10/08 – 10/09THERMO PAC, LLC, STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
DIRECTOR OF SALES/MARKETING
- This production facility manufactures portion-sized products for such recognized organizations as Heinz, ConAgra, Clorox, the U.S. Military & specific 3rd party distributors/food service distributors). Actively targeted potential sales opportunities in new and existing client companies to increase tonnage (organization was operating well below 100% capacity and efficiency when hired in October 2008; in one year, sales rose to a mark of more than $35MM).
- Created and executed sales campaigns to reach target revenue goals that exceeded 2009 budget and AOP by nearly 10%.
- Led marketing project to develop the organization's first website; this initiative required the interviewing and hiring of a photographer, directing the photo sessions, scripting all shots and website text, and editing the final version of site.
- Introduced new and existing companies to specific product lines and established B2B relationships with C-level decision makers, creating growth opportunities within this niche market
9/99 – 10/07 KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUT CORPORATION, WINSTON-SALEM, NC
NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (3/05 – 10/07)
- Managed account activities in new and existing client organizations; delivered analytical, data-based presentations to C-level decision makers to secure optimal brand/category representation and achieve sales goals (exceeding $25MM)
- Increased sales within key accounts, growing sales by over 8% in 60-day cycle (specifically targeted accounts)
- Introduced daily delivery program in new and existing accounts, resulting in sales increase of 40%
- Established B2B relationships with C-level decision makers, resulting in category growth of over 5%
- Large-scale corporate downsizing led to massive lay-offs (50 %+); received severance package, completed sale of home, and relocated to Atlanta marketplace to actively pursue career opportunities (10/07 – 10/08).
TERRITORY MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (5/02 – 3/05)
- Responsible for corporate and account-specific sales initiatives within a three-state region (sales initiatives represented all channels of distribution including grocery accounts, convenient stores, mass, and non-traditional venues to include food service accounts within universities and military commissaries).
- Trained, led, and supervised team of field representatives in all facets of account management to include account presentations, merchandising, sale promotion, new store opening support, and delivery of optimal communication.
- Developed exceptional working relationship with extensive network of franchise producers/distributors
REGIONAL ACCOUNT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT, SALES & STORE OPERATIONS (9/99 – 5/02)
- Utilized prior commercial bakery and category experience to develop and introduce new programs to potential clients; led all fresh-delivery program conversions in all regional and national grocery accounts.
- Conducted 18-month introductory campaign of new in-store "fresh doughnut" program through presentations within multiple accounts at local, regional and corporate levels.
- Designed new training manual for all sales positions within the Business Development Department.
- Led project team in the implementation of new wholesale program, generating plan to ensure adherence to time-line and account parameters, creation of merchandising schematics, and providing support during client special events
3/97 – 9/99 PHIPPS PLAZA MALL, ATLANTA, GA
MANAGER OF CONTRACT SERVICES, MALL OPERATIONS
- Directed all phases of operations within Atlanta's most prestigious shopping center; developed and strengthened management functions, including vendor services, operations staff supervision, and purchasing, for over 100 retail merchants; created and managed quarterly budgets.
- Generated supplemental profit opportunities by contracting out special services
- Led staff of over 50 and managed $4M expense budget, demonstrating ability deliver optimal mall services within set fiscal parameters.
3/87 – 10/96 THE KROGER COMPANY, MEMPHIS, TN
CATEGORY SPECIALIST, MANUFACTURING DIVISION
- Created monthly sales and promotion plans for diverse product mix of national brands and private label items for over 120 retail stores; supervised team of sales representatives (throughout five-state division) to ensure proper execution of all Kroger Company brand and category initiatives, merchandising integrity, & sales/promotional support throughout division.
- Added volume to satisfy gross margin and sales goals (annual sales revenues exceeded $25MM) through efforts as division buyer for category-related national and regional brands.
- Utilized IRI / Nielson data to create series of schematics used in semi-annual category set projects.
- Departure from the Kroger Company a result of downsizing initiatives within manufacturing sales division which led to multiple job eliminations. Took advantage of severance offering to complete sale of home in Tennessee and return to more vibrant job market in the Atlanta area.
SALES ▪ BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST ▪ KEY CLIENT MANAGEMENT ▪ STRATEGIC BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS ▪ PROJECT MANAGEMENT ▪ OPTIMAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS ▪ TEAM BUILDING & DEVELOPMENT ▪ ANALYTICAL ASSESSMENT ▪ TEAM LEADERSHIP ▪ COLLABORATIVE RELATIONSHIPS ▪ PRODUCT-KNOWLEDGE PRESENTATIONS
If you have a job lead for Richard, please contact him at about.me/RichardMorganGA.