AOL Jobs Week Resume Winner: Cindy Rowse
Location: E. Atlantic Beach, NY
Job: Digital Media Professional
Time Unemployed: 8 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
Who Am I? I have an MA in Communications and over 10 years experience integrating digital media into web-based platforms as both a freelance professional and as an employee for a large non-profit organization. I have an exceptional ability to conceptualize and execute creative treatments for a variety of media types and audiences, as well as proven experience as a writer, web designer, and editor. My professional goal is to expertly and creatively communicate any given message through the New Media.
THE AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, Washington D.C.
- MA Communications ~ 1995
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, College Park, Maryland
- BA Radio, TV & Film, 1993
Digital Media Professional/Communications Director
Visit http://www.cindylynnproductions.com for examples of original graphics and 3D Animation
- Developed first multimedia website spanning a 56 parish Diocese comprising streaming audio and video, along with a library of original multimedia productions.
- Was in charge of press releases to the media; was interviewed by WBOC TV and local newspapers for over 4 years concerning parish events, outreach and development.
- Developed content and design for new and existing video productions.
- Created and implemented new strategies for the use of social media (www.youtube.com/stjudeslewesde).
- Produced and developed written narratives and illustrations for production of computer generated animation.
- Created multiple websites (some examples): www.stjudeslewesde.org, www.cindylynnproductions.com, www.midatlanticfishingreport.com, www.cbhinc.org, www.redmillgroup.com
- Redesigned corporate bulletin and website which served over 3500 both graphically and editorially.
- Served as member of Creative Screenwriting Magazine Board of Directors; provided freelance article writing.
- In charge of company-wide event, rental, and meeting scheduling systems, as well as computerized lighting and HVAC systems.
- Served in an administrative capacity which included providing administrative/secretarial support for various departments/divisions by answering telephones, assisting visitors and resolving a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Composed and edited correspondence and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction and from knowledge of policies of established departments/divisions; prepared, transcribed, composed, typed, edited and distributed agendas and minutes of numerous meetings.
- "The Civil War, Part I," essay in Creative Screenwriting, 1995 pp.23-29
- "I Still Know What You Did last Summer," screenplay by Trey Callaway, analysis in Creative Screenwriting, November/December 1998, p.11
- "In Dreams," screenplay by Neil Jordan, analysis in Creative Screenwriting, January/February 1999, p. 18
- "Big Daddy," screenplay by Steve Franks, revisions by Tim Herlihy, analysis in Creative Screenwriting, May/June 1999, p.14
- "Deep Blue Sea," screenplay by Donna and Wayne Powers, analysis in Creative Screenwriting, May/June 1999, p.17
- "The Yards," screenplay by James Gray, analysis in Creative Screenwriting, September/October 2000, p.6
- "Lists, " The Catalyst, Spring 1993, pp. 13-15
- Screenplays: The Specter, Home, The Willing Prey, The X-Files: The Mysterious Stranger, The Actor
- Novels: The Actor (in progress)
- Take Two: Adapting the Contemporary American Novel, by Barbara Tepa Lupak, reviewed in Creative Screenwriting, Summer 1997, pp. 118-119.
- Funny Business: The Craft of Comedy Writing, by Sol Saks, reviewed in Creative Screenwriting, Winter 1997, p. 119.
- David Mamet and Film: Illusion/Disillusion in a Wounded Land, by Gay Brewer, reviewed in Creative Screenwriting, May/June 1998, p. 44.
- Androids, Humanoids, and other Science Fiction Monsters: Science and Soul in Science Fiction Films, by Per Shelled and Replications: A Robotic History of the Science Fiction Film, by J.P. Elute, reviewed in Creative Screenwriting, November/December 1998, p. 52.
- Wake Me When It's Funny, by Gary Marshall, reviewed in Creative Screenwriting, May/June 1999, p. 24.
- Television's Second Golden Age: From Hill Street Blues to ER, by Robert Thompson, and Gen X TV: The Brady Bunch to Melrose Place, by Rob Owen, reviewed in Creative Screenwriting, May/June 1999 p. 70.
- The Cinema of Stanley Kubrick, by Norman Kaman and Stanley Kubrick and the Art of Adaptation, by Greg Jenkins, reviewed in Creative Screenwriting, July/August 1999, p. 62.
- The Shocking Miss Pilgrim: A Writer in Early Hollywood, by Frederica Sager Mass and
- Emeric Pressburger: The Life and Death of a Screenwriter, by Kevin MacDonald, reviewed in Creative Screenwriting, November/December 2000, p. 54.
- "Blue Streak," screenplay by Steve Carpenter, interview/analysis in Creative Screenwriting, Sept./October 1999, p. 6-9.
- "Mumford," screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan, interview/analysis in Creative Screenwriting, Sept./October 1999, p. 20.
- "Reindeer Games, "screenplay by Erhen Kruger, interview/analysis in Creative Screenwriting, Nov./Dec. 1999, pp. 20-21.
If you have a job lead for Cindy, please contact her at about.me/cindyrowse