Kinross Gold to Buy Red Back Mining for $7.1 Billion

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
Kinross Gold (KGC) will buy the 91% of shares in Red Back Mining (RBIFF) that it doesn't already own. Kinross will pay $7.1 billion for the shares.

The price represents a value of C$30.50 ($29.77) per Red Back share, The International Business Times reported. That's a premium of 17% over Red Back's closing price on the Toronto Stock Exchange on July 30.

For each share of Red Back, Kinross will offer 1.778 of its common stock and 0.110 of its common share warrant. Kinross expects to issue roughly 425 million common shares and about 26 million share-purchase warrants. When the transaction is complete, Kinross shareholders will own about 63% of the new company. Red Back shareholders will own the remaining 37%.
Read Full Story

Markets

DJIA 20,624.05 4.28 0.02%
NASDAQ 5,838.58 23.68 0.41%
S&P 500 2,351.16 3.94 0.17%
DAX 11,823.40 66.38 0.56%
NIKKEI 225 19,251.08 16.46 0.09%
HANG SENG 24,146.08 112.34 0.47%
USD (per EUR) 1.06 0.00 -0.02%
USD (per CHF) 1.00 0.00 0.01%
JPY (per USD) 113.07 0.16 0.14%
GBP (per USD) 1.25 0.00 0.33%

Want more news like this?

Sign up for Finance Report by AOL and get everything from business news to personal finance tips delivered directly to your inbox daily!

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners