Construction Manager Cover Letter
Read Full Story
Ryan needed a cover letter that showcased his ability to work on projects of a large scale and scope and consistently complete projects on-time and on-budget. In addition, Ryan is LEED certified, an important distinction in the construction industry. Ryan had a knack for containing costs and doing more with less, which was also noted in the cover letter.
265 Tremont Street • Staten Island, NY 10310 • Cell: 646-849-2603 • firstname.lastname@example.org
May 26, 2010
Jonathan Milan, VP-Staffing Solutions
2250 Broadway, Suite 302
New York, NY 10025
Dear Mr. Milan:
After successfully project managing construction and restoration initiatives for the Turner National Golf Course and Turner Corporate Plaza for the past five years, I am now seeking new challenges with another enterprising organization in need of someone with exceptional build/design, supervisory, and budgeting skills.
Credited with significantly impacting bottom-line profitability, I excel at maintaining a tight schedule and paying particular attention to sequencing during all construction projects. A partial listing of my key contributions to the Turner organization is detailed below.
- Grew construction contract 500% from four-building renovation project to renovation of seven estate buildings, five ground-up buildings, a six-lane competition swimming pool, four tennis courts, a water treatment plant, sporting clays, extensive underground piping, and another 18-hole course.
- Met all construction deadlines 100% of the time by proactively maintaining close communications with owner, architect, super, and subcontractors.
- Leveraged knowledge acquired through LEED Professional certification process to engineer a ground-up water treatment plant that exceeded environmental standards for water safety.
- Reduced construction budgets by millions of dollars without sacrificing quality by recommending cost efficient design changes and closely monitoring subcontractors.
- Decreased time spent waiting for building permits exponentially by fostering authentic relationships with town building departments and town boards and adhering to their standards.
- Eliminated need for eight project managers by streamlining processes and reducing redundancies.
- Halved costs associated with Turner Corporate Plaza restoration project by effectively negotiating with subcontractors and finishing project three months ahead of schedule.
Over my 15 year career, I have been privileged to partner with numerous high-end architectural firms including Davis & Smith, Ian Porter Associates, Gallard & Previ, and P. Smith Design and I've received international recognition for my work in Architectural Digest and House & Gardens. My previous experiences as president of my own architectural woodwork construction company has shaped my work ethic and contributed to my ability to maintain the owner's perspective with every budgetary decision.
I know that I can add similar value to another construction industry leader and would welcome the opportunity to discuss my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.