Sample Resume: Administrative Assistant
As an administrative assistant, Amy knew she would be competing against many other candidates with similar competencies. She needed a way to stand out from the sea of applicants who would be vying for the same positions. Through conversation with Amy, I learned that she had done much more than just the typical administrative assistant duties.
Her resume includes strong examples of her project management skills, something that many administrative assistants possess, but rarely highlight on their resumes. By showcasing Amy's ability to manage large scale meetings, events, and office moves we were able to paint a more diverse picture of her background and help her secure more interviews.
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant with six years of experience supporting C-level executives and their sales teams in multiple industries. Areas of expertise include:
Multimedia Sales Presentations ▪ Executive Office Support ▪ Front Office Operations ▪ Meeting Planning ▪ Corporate Fundraising ▪ Human Resources Management▪ Records Management▪ Technical Support▪ Customer Support Windows 2000 ▪ Microsoft Word ▪ Excel ▪ PowerPoint
ABC PHARMACEUTICALS, Merrick, NY
2008 to Present
Executive Assistant/Events Coordinator supporting sales department head and direct reports for this 280-person team selling to New York area hospitals and physician. Project-managed several large and small-scale meetings simultaneously, on-boarded new employees, organized calendars, and made travel arrangements.
- Acted as department point-person for company-wide meeting and managed all logistics, catering, lodging, and presentation needs for 250 employees.
- Selected by senior management to create PowerPoint presentation/montage to kick off regional sales meeting; success of presentation led to request to create similar presentation for company-wide meeting.
- Oversaw arrangements for over a dozen team meetings in conjunction with conference activities.
XYZ MANUFACTURING, Baldwin, NY
2004 to 2008
Executive Assistant/Events Coordinator supporting five sales managers in this 150-person plant manufacturing small appliances. Organized President's calendars, travel arrangements, meetings, and events; tracked/maintained office assets, managed expense reports, and ordered supplies. Oversaw new hire/exit packages and performance reviews. Assisted technical teams in revenue tracking data entry and provided marketing support.
- Planned, coordinated, and supported multiple large off-site seminars and demonstrations.
- Coordinated 10+ off-site team building events for both sales and manufacturing teams.
LK FURNITURE, Bayside, NY
2003 to 2004
Executive Assistant for this office furniture company servicing commercial businesses. Provided full administrative support and office management to the president and 26 employees at the headquarters facility and remote support to staff in five branch offices. Managed president's calendar and travel arrangements, prepared PowerPoint sales presentations, and coordinated annual events and weekly meetings.
- Project managed all aspects of corporate office relocation and renovation including network and telecommunications installation, furniture selections, painting, molding, and floor installation.
- Coordinated over 100 product information lunches between vendors and sales team.
- Co-produced five on-site continuing education seminars for the architectural and design community.
- Organized and maintained office library of 500+ furniture sample books.
Francis Lewis High School, Fresh Meadows, NY, 2003