Food-Blog Nerd Alert
Food Blog Roundup, Sept. 23
- Classic Spaghetti Carbonara at Serious Eats, and its less-meaty cousin Zucchini Carbonara over at Simply Recipes (don't be fooled by the veggie-sounding name -- pancetta, plus a cup of cheese and 4 eggs make this one h-e-a-v-y zuchinni dish!)
- An awesome t-shirt find by Pork, Knife and Spoon, and my new personal motto: Bacon is my Co-Pilot
- Not so fast with the compost bin: Re-Nest has 7 creative uses for a banana peel before you chuck it out
- Cute as buttons: tiny paper souffle cups for small desserts, appetizers, any other scaled-down grub. Via The Kitchn
- Tasty-looking grilled lamb kebabs with tzatziki at Smitten Kitchen. I can smell the warm salt air of Greece right now!
- 17 spooky Halloween-themed cupcake ideas at Better Homes & Gardens. Halloween already? Eeeek!