Scamming wanna-be writers: Know the character names
According to the Florida Attorney General's office here are some of the names and company names used in this alleged scam, whereupon one man, his girlfriend, several accomplices, and a handful of ever-changing business operations scammed hundreds of would-be authors out of their money ... and dreams of being published.
- Robert M. Fletcher of Boca Raton, Fla.; aka Robert West, Robert Williams, Bill Williams, Beth Stormes, Georgina Orr, Mary Bluestone and Hil Mallory:
- Leslie Mroz Williams of Boca Raton, Fla;.aka Leslie W. Mroz
- Mark Bredt of Clearlake Park, Calif.
- Lynn Eddy of Durham, Conn.
- Agency Strategic Book Publishing, Stylus Literary Agency, Strategic Publishing Group and Agency Strategic Book Publishing, The Literary Agency Group, Writer's Literary & Publishing Services, The New York Literary Agency, The Children's Literary Agency, Poets Literary Agency, the Christian Literary Agency, Writer's Literary Screenplay Agency, Rapid Publishing - Screenwriter911, Rapid Publishing, The Global Book Agency, American Enterprises Group, AEG Publishing Group, Eloquent Books, Strategic Book Publishing, Strategic Book Marketing, The Global Book 2 Agency, Group AEG and S T Literary Agency.