This Old House's top 5 remodeling mistakes
Committing this list to memory could save you thousands of dollars. Here are the tips:
- Don't hire a general contractor who gives you bad vibes, and don't try to do it yourself on a big project.
- When you collect bids from prospective remodelers, make sure that the bids are detailed!
- Never say "While you're at it. . . " Make a plan and stick with it.
- Don't change your plan. It can lead to budget overruns and timing problems.
- Don't ignore hidden things.