Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Thin mints in the form of a cake? This yummy cake made with your favorite Girl Scout cookie is the perfect way to indulge in your sweet tooth! Look no further, we have the recipe for this delicious treat on this week’s episode of Best Bites.
- 1 Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Thin Mint Frosting:
- 1 cup butter until smooth
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Green food dye
- 12 crushed thin mints
- Chocolate sauce
- Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions.
- Grease 3 pans and fill with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- For the frosting, in a large bowl, add the butter and beat until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, the peppermint extract, milk, powdered sugar and green food dye. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the crushed thin mints and fold until the thin mints are evenly coated.
- Cut the top of one cake layer in order to make it smooth and even.
- Frost and stack the top of each layer, making sure to frost the perimeter of the entire cake as well.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on top and garnish with extra thin mints!