By Hannah Morgan
It isn't easy to provide a universal definition of work-life balance. In general, it has to do with how easily you can draw a line between your personal and professional life. It is uniquely defined by your values and how well you can integrate these two areas to meet your expectations.
If you crave a role that doesn't require 24/7 attention, you aren't alone. Over the past three years, there has been a steady decline in how employees rate satisfaction with work-life balance. In 2009, the average satisfaction was 3.5 out of a five-point scale where five equals very satisfied. In 2015, satisfaction dropped to 3.2 as tracked by Glassdoor.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap