Fans of the beloved Super Mario 64 have combined their efforts to remake the classic Nintendo 64 game.
The group of fans, aptly named Super Mario 64 Fan Remake, have released a developer showcase trailer detailing their modifications to Super Mario 64 which include plans to upgrade the existing graphics to high-definition, as well as include a multiplayer mode that previously didn't exist in the earlier version of the game.
Super Mario 64 was released in 1996 for the Nintendo 64. Heralded as one of the best Super Mario games in the franchise, Super Mario 64 was officially remade by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS handheld console in 2004. Although dedicated Mario fans enjoyed the game, it didn't include any significant changes in its move from the old school Nintendo 64 to the newer technology in the Nintendo DS.
With this new fan remake, Super Mario 64 will not only look nicer, but the developers plan to include more features and hidden easter eggs.
Although there isn't a set release date for this fan remake, the team's community manager, Justin Crouch, told IGN that "they're getting too many [fan contributors] to handle" and that the team isn't currently worried about the Super Mario 64 Fan Remake project losing steam.
When the Super Mario 64 Fan Remake group does finish the project, you can expect it to be released for free on PC.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up again
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can’t afford the Dyson Airwrap? Amazon shoppers say these $23 hot r…
- This gardening tool lets you weed your yard without bending over — gra…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus