There's no better time to play some classic games when your family is home for the holidays. So let's start with today's Game of the Day, Gin Rummy.
If you're unfamiliar with the old 18th century game, you start with a 10-card hand. Your objective is to create groups of three or more cards in either a run of the same suit (called a sequence) or a group of the same value, either number or face card.
Your ungrouped cards are called deadwood cards. You'll want to keep them to a minimum and group as many cards as you can. If you do and your deadwood cards total less than 10 points, you can "knock" which ends the hands, giving you points for any of your opponents' deadwood cards.
If you can manage to use all of your cards, you yell "Gin!" and win the hand without any deductions.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Restaurant servers freak out when someone requests ‘a table for 91’
- Nordstrom Rack seriously has the best 4th of July sale — shop 30+ of o…
- This $13 best-selling portable luggage scale will ensure that your sui…
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You