Interested in picking up Splatoon for the Wii U but not sure if it's right for you? The folks at Prima Games have put together this helpful primer to keep you informed. It's fast, frenetic, and colorful -- and you're about to know a whole lot more about it than you did going in!
Splatoon for Wii U: Everything You Need to Know
Nintendo surprised more than a few people when the company unveiled Splatoon at E3 2014. It's a four vs. four team-based third-person shooter that features humanoids called Inklings that transform into squid-like creatures. The premise of the title is to use ink to cover as much of the arena as possible. At the end of the match, the team with the most coverage wins the game.
At first glance, Splatoon will likely remind you of Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. It's a similar arena-based team shooter that uses a third-person perspective. It also has the kid-friendly feel that Splatoon sports and that Nintendo has always been known for. While the development team plays Battlefield and Call of Duty as research, it seems that the final product will have quite a few things in common with Garden Warfare.
While covering the arena in ink is your primary goal, there are several abilities that add a considerably amount of depth to the game. When players are in humanoid form, they move at a steady pace until they reach the opposing team's ink. When walking through these areas, players will move much slower. However, if you change into squid form, players can swim through their own ink at a rapid pace.
Click here to continue reading!
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021