Developer Destructive Creations is pushing a game that explores violence and how we respond to it with their title Hatred. It's already garnered a very negative reaction from the gaming community, but what does that say about how we handle violence itself? This piece from USgamer explores these things and more -- give it a read and decide for yourself!
Hatred: Finding "The Line" in Game Violence
Earlier today, Polish developer Destructive Creations released the first trailer for its upcoming game, Hatred. The game features an unnamed protagonist who looks like the stereotypical version of a mass shooter that you'd find on television shows like Law & Order: a white male with long dark hair and a trenchcoat. Hatred is a top-down or twin-stick shooter, where the focus is perpetrating a mass shooting. That's right, you take control of the protagonist and kill innocent bystanders.
A spokesperson from the developer told USgamer that Hatred is meant to be horror, not satire. If that seems provocative to you, that's because the developer wanted it to be that way.
"These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends," says the developer on the game's official website. "Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure. Here comes our game, which takes no prisoners and makes no excuses. We say 'yes, it is a game about killing people' and the only reason of the antagonist doing that sick stuff is his deep-rooted hatred. Player has to ask himself what can push any human being to mass-murder."
Click here to continue reading!
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 18 ways to embrace Barbiecore mania — for under $300
- Speech therapist is going viral for teaching little ones how to say no
- Pickles are having a moment, and pickle lovers will relish these recip…
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus