Developer Destructive Creations is pushing a game that explores violence and how we respond to it with their title Hatred. It's already garnered a very negative reaction from the gaming community, but what does that say about how we handle violence itself? This piece from USgamer explores these things and more -- give it a read and decide for yourself!
Hatred: Finding "The Line" in Game Violence
Earlier today, Polish developer Destructive Creations released the first trailer for its upcoming game, Hatred. The game features an unnamed protagonist who looks like the stereotypical version of a mass shooter that you'd find on television shows like Law & Order: a white male with long dark hair and a trenchcoat. Hatred is a top-down or twin-stick shooter, where the focus is perpetrating a mass shooting. That's right, you take control of the protagonist and kill innocent bystanders.
A spokesperson from the developer told USgamer that Hatred is meant to be horror, not satire. If that seems provocative to you, that's because the developer wanted it to be that way.
"These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends," says the developer on the game's official website. "Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure. Here comes our game, which takes no prisoners and makes no excuses. We say 'yes, it is a game about killing people' and the only reason of the antagonist doing that sick stuff is his deep-rooted hatred. Player has to ask himself what can push any human being to mass-murder."
Click here to continue reading!
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Upgrade your favorite foods with these easy air fryer hacks
- Learn the basics of at-home baking with this perfect chocolate chip co…
- Chriselle Lim is changing the way millennial and Gen Z moms work
- 4 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- Fly Practically Free With These 5 Travel Cards
- Best Credit Cards of 2021. We did the research. Find a better card now