Employment Law: What to Do When Your Boss Is Violating Your Rights
Did you know it's Boss's Day? Okay, maybe that ranks somewhere behind Boxing Day in terms of "holidays," but that doesn't mean it's not a good time to think about our employers and why we appreciate them--or loathe them. And while you'll find some posts on the former elsewhere today, we'd like to take a moment to feature some posts from attorney Donna Ballman, our resident employment law expert, who's covered a range of topics involving bosses and what they're allowed to do.
Check out some of her boss-related work below. Can we say "Happy Boss's Day" now, or is that just really awkward?
1. What To Do When Boss Issues Fake Suspension Then Claims You Walked Off Job
2. Can I Be Fired Because My Boss Knows I'll Be Leaving?
3. Can My Employer Ban Me From Speaking Spanish To Co-Workers?
4. Help! My Boss Is An Abusive Jerk
5. My Employer Is Making Me Work Overtime Off The Books. What Do I Do?
6. 7 Ways To Protect Yourself If Your Boss Is a Bully
7. Should I Tell My Boss About My Mental Illness?
8. Can Your Boss Read Your Email?
9. 4 Times When You Should Complain About Your Boss
10. Can I Be Denied A Promotion Because My Spouse Works With Me?