Video game movies are often a mixed bag. When's the last time we got a really awesome one, anyway? Prima Games knows what's up with their list of The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly of video game movies. See if your favorite is on the list!
Video Games to Movies - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
The Good: The movie is being handled in-house by Sony and the company knows how important the property is. While it will unlikely be a direct adaptation of the game, it should retain everything that made the franchise so enthralling.
The Bad: It's being directed by Seth Gordon. His only noteworthy directorial feature was The King of Kong. He directed Horrible Bosses as well, but that's not exactly a confidence-building resume.
The Ugly: At one point, Mark Wahlberg was attached to play Nathan Drake.
World of Warcraft
The Good: It's being directed by Duncan Jones, who also directed Moon and Source Code. Moon is one of the best movies no one has seen, and Source Code is generally accepted as a solid film. We may not see much else that can be listed as a positive for this movie, but at least Jones is at the helm.
The Bad: Did you see the logo treatment? It looks more like Starcraft than Warcraft. If you need to change the story or whatever else to appeal to a wider audience, fine, but when you can't even get the logo right there's a bigger problem brewing.
The Ugly: The film focuses on the initial encounters between the humans and the orcs. Orcs are pretty ugly, but an origin story of the Warcraft universe could be even uglier.
Click here to continue reading!
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Mom desperately tries to figure out how she got her baby to sleep t…
- It’s easier than it looks to make yourself this fancy affogato dessert
- This tiny device keeps mosquitoes away all summer, and it’s on sale fo…
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021