Ready for a brand new Dragon Ball Z game? Dragon Ball Xenoverse is making its way to you, and now's a better time than ever to brush up on your fighting styles. Xenoverse may not be releasing until next year, but that just means there's plenty of time to get acquainted with the ins and outs of combat. Prima Games has your back with this Combat System Breakdown. You'll be fighting like a Super Saiyan in no time.
Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse - Combat System Breakdown
Dragon Ball Z fans familiar with the Budokai series of games will have a jump on the competition when DBZ Xenoverse releases next year. While the new game isn't exactly like the Budokai fighting games, it's closer to that series than any others. You'll duke it out against human and computer-controlled opponents through story missions, in one-on-one battles and in World Tournaments. Combat takes up a bulk of the game, and it's important to get a grasp on the fighting mechanics as quickly as possible.
The controls are fairly straightforward. You've got buttons for Normal Attack, Heavy Attack, Jump, Ki Blast, block, fly down, lock-on to a target and dash. If you hold down R2 (on the PS3 and PS4), it brings up secondary menu that changes the main face buttons into your four Special Moves, while holding down L2 and L2 changes that menu to your four Ultimate Attacks. You can also use the directional pad to bring up your scouter to read an opponent's power level, but doesn't directly relate to the fighting mechanics.
There are two gauges near the portrait of your character. The top gauge is your Ki Gauge, which governs your use of Ultimate Attacks. The bottom gauge is the Guard Gauge, which controls how often you can teleport (i.e. move so fast they appear to be teleporting) away to avoid attacks, or block powerful Ultimate Attacks. You start each match with no Ki Gauge, and a full Guard Gauge. As you attack an opponent, your Ki Gauge builds, and as you block attacks or teleport, your Guard Gauge is depleted.
Click here to continue reading!
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022