Yesterday, hundreds of students in Jefferson County, Colo. staged a walkout over potential curriculum changes they say present sanitized interpretations of U.S. history. It's a story that affects teachers as well as students, and it's one of the most fraught, interesting stories of the past week.
The news wasn't all so bleak, though, as companies started to make announcements for this year's holiday hiring plans--which are set to hit their highest figures since 1999. Check out our roundup of which companies are hiring (updated daily!), along with our other top posts for the past week.
1. Denver Students Protest Proposed Curriculum 'Censorship'
2. Hiring a Working Mom - Myth vs. Reality
3. Job Descriptions Decoded: Macy's Seasonal Employee
4. Strike the Right Pose and Become an Interview Ninja
5. Here's Who's Hiring Seasonal Workers for the Holidays
6. Why You Should Sleep Your Way To The Top
7. 10 Rules of Engagement to Avoid Flexible Work Failure
8. Ask Jack: Rejection, Idea Theft, and Job of the Week
9. Hero Police Officers Complete Injured Pizza Hut Driver's Delivery
10. How to Avoid Job Scams
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.06% APR. Can you save?
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program