By Emmie Martin and Mike Nudelman
While many industries are still dominated by men, there are several occupations where women not only make up a strong percentage of the workforce, but they earn big bucks doing it.
A new report from PayScale looks at the highest-paying jobs for women, concentrating on positions that are at least 40% women. The report found that healthcare-related positions, such as gynecologists, nurse anesthetists, and psychiatrists, come out on top as the best-paying.
Healthcare is not only a traditionally lucrative industry, but men and women have an equal shot at earning high wages in comparable positions, says Katie Bardaro, PayScale's lead economist.
It's also a growing industry. "Healthcare overall is a great place to be right now and only expected to grow stronger as our aging population requires more of the services healthcare has to offer," Bardaro adds.
Creative/design positions also prove to be high-paying places for women, with jobs such as fashion designer and associate media director rounding out the list.
Check out the full list of jobs where women earn the most:
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.06% APR. Can you save?
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program