Its no secret that Final Fantasy games (and JRPGs in general) typically have complicated and sometimes non-sensical plots-- sometimes so complicated that you as the player are forced to explain the story to yourself. Because of this many theories are coined and some of them are more convincing than others. Today we're talking about possibly the most convincing of all-- Squall is Dead.
The plot of Final Fantasy 8 revolves around Squall Leonhart, a mercenary on a mission to defeat the evil Sorceress Edea. At the end of disc one, Squall and his friends face Edea on a parade float in Deling City. After the fight, when Edea seems defeated, she conjures an enormous ice shard and propels it through Squall's chest. This should have killed him right?
Wrong. He wakes up without a scratch in a dessert prison. How is this possible? Well, the Squall is Dead Theory speculates that Squall actually died by Edea's ice shard at the end of disc one and everything that occurs after that point is actually a dream.
According to the official website,The "dream" is basically an extension of the "your life flashes before your eyes" concept. The entire dream takes only a matter of seconds, but for Squall is passes in real time. For Squall, it's about the endless possibilities he could have seen realized. Squall explores the questions that were raised on the first disc but he was not able to answer in his lifetime.
There is a ton of supporting evidence that has been found throughout disc 2, but I was never more convinced than after I defeated the Final Boss, Ultemicia and she started saying some weird stuff...
"Reflect on your... Childhood..."
"Your sensation... Your words... Your emotions..."
"Time... It will not wait..."
"No matter... ...how hard you hold on. It escapes you..."
I take this as Squall not being able to let go of his life and "move on" to the afterlife. In the video below you can watch the entire first part of the ending and see for yourself.
For the complete analysis of the Squall is Dead Theory, click here.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates keep pushing past 6% to a 14-year high
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- The Truth Behind Jeffrey Dahmer’s Brutal Fate In Prison Is Revealed
- Chicago Fire Star Taylor Kinney Had A Surprising Upbringing That Most …
- Poignant Photos Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral That Will Go Down In Hist…
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- This $13 all-season 6-piece sheet set on Amazon is both cooling and…
- 7 brands that make stylish stuff for dogs, from leashes and sweaters t…
- Woman surprises her mother-in-law with the ‘ofrenda’ of her mom in emo…
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation