Money doesn't grow on trees. Except that one time that is totally did in The Sims 2.
BUT ANYWAY... Unlike the early days of flat rate Pizza Delivery, making a living in The Sims 4 is a slightly more gratifying and a much more profitable experience. You can either do that or cheat. You can find the cheats at the bottom of this money-making guide brought to you by Prima Games.
Work Hard + Get Promoted
We touched on this with our Advanced Tips, but getting promoted is the most logical way to earn more money in The Sims 4. To give you an idea what we're talking about, we started at $17 an hour, but two or three promotions later were sitting at about $37 an hour. In fact, our career path as a Secret Agent can pay up to $12,780 a week! That's a major jump in cash flow, and you'll need every penny if you hope to live the high life without cheating the system.
The Two Income Household
The beauty of this method is that it's not cheating, and you can get promoted and bring in two separate incomes. We started out living the single life and making peanuts. When the refrigerator broke down every second day it began to drain our wallet, so we did the only logical thing we could think of... got married. Now that we're rocking a two person household where everyone has a job (and we don't hire a maid), we're bringing in twice as much cash as before. It's still going to take players quite some time to start living a life full of style and comfort, but this is definitely the fastest (legitimate) way.
Cheaters Always Prosper
It's probably irresponsible of us to use a title like that, but in The Sims 4 it's fairly reasonable to think that cheaters tend to come out on top, and that's especially true with Simoleons. If you can't be bothered to get a job, or get a spouse and have both of you get jobs, you could just use the cheats to drop thousands of extra Simoleons in your pockets. Sure, you'll have to sleep at night knowing you went about it the dishonest way, but considering the quality of mattress you have, that shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Here's how you can use cheats to earn more Simoleons.
On your keyboard, press CTRL + SHIFT + C, then input the following in the text box that appears.
$50,000 - motherlode
$1,000 - kaching or rosebud
For more information on The Sims 4, be sure to keep a tab open to Prima Games, and also check out The Sims 4 Official Strategy Guide.
You can find the complete cheat code list by clicking here.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates keep retreating
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers swear by these cooling sheets to sleep…
- TikTok mom shares hilarious montage of her baby ‘discovering’ his feet
- Baby is annoyed with her mom for spending a long time at Target: ‘You …
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022