Over the last ten years there has been a huge rise in Indie Games and we can definitely thank Pax for being a major influence in this development. Everyone's favorite part of any PAX convention (or at least mine) is the Indie Megabooth! Every year I look forward to see what the Megabooth has in stock and this year the Pax Prime did not disappoint.
Here is a Prima Games list of Eight Great Games from PAX Prime 2014 that you should definitely check out!
Titan Souls (Devolver Digital)
Titan Souls is easily one of those "epic" titles that can throw you off the first time you experience it, but grows with you as you continue to play on and see what it's about. As a lone hero with a single arrow, it's your job to explore a number of tombs and discover massive boss enemies that require the best kind of strategy in order to bring them down to size. With a Zelda-like gameplay perspective and plenty of challenges, Titan Souls could easily be an underground hit.
Salt and Sanctuary (Ska Studios)
The latest from James Silva, the mastermind behind such games as Charlie Murder and The Dishwasher saga, is definitely one of his best, as it's a combination of Dark Souls' "never say die" mantra with the Metroidvania games of old, where exploration plays a key factor. Salt and Sanctuary features exquisite artwork, hardcore gameplay, and the kind of exploration theme you just don't see in games anymore. In other words, it rocks.
The Order: 1866 (Sony)
One of the bigger AAA titles on the show floor at PAX Prime is easily Sony's The Order: 1866. Featuring a gameplay style that truly defines Ready At Dawn at its development best, as well as great graphics that set a new standard for the PS4, The Order: 1866 definitely looks like it bumps things up on another level when it comes to action. This can't come out soon enough.
Pig.Eat.Ball (Mommy's Best Games)
Easily one of the better party games that's set to be available soon, Pig.Eat.Ball is a multiplayer romp where you take on other players in fun little activities, such as competitive peg chasing and more. Although the PAX demos are more interactive with vibrating chairs, the home game should still be entertaining, especially with a group of friends getting together. Throw in a level editor and you have a party game that'll certainly keep you busy.
Click here for 4 more great Indie Games!
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You