Do you remember your first job? Seth Meyers does, and he more than proves that you don't just wake up one morning and find yourself hosting the Emmys. When he was in high school, Meyers had a gig as a delivery driver for sub shop chain D'Angelo Grilled Sandwiches, a job that found him cruising around town in a used Le Car he'd branded "Le Seth" (complete with vanity plates).
"Pretty much all you needed was a pulse and a car," he said in a GQ interview (see below). "I was lucky enough to have both."
Meyers also recalled one key takeaway from the job: namely, the importance of showing up on time. He also mentioned that the combined salary and tips added up to a pretty decent paycheck for a high school gig. However, there was one significant drawback.
"I would say my friends were very aware - hyperaware, I would say - of how much I smelled like onions all the time for three months straight," he said. "This was not a good chick-getter for me."
See below for the full interview.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2022
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program