A few days ago, I read Elizabeth Bernstein's Wall Street Journal piece, How to cope when you and your partner are falling out of love.
It discusses the idea of "fatal attraction" - that the traits that drew you toward your sweetheart now drive you nuts. Often, we're drawn to a quality in someone else because we somehow lack or desire that quality in ourselves - but then that very quality turns out to be a point of tension. An introverted person might be attracted to someone's more outgoing nature, but then get tired of their constant desire to be sociable.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Refinance rates at 2.23% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- Little-Known VA Option Could Save Veterans Thousands
- Simple Mortgage Math May Save You Thousands
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 4 cards to help you get out of debt in 2021
- $200 Sign Up Bonus to Start the New Year
- Your best credit card offers for January 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program