A few days ago, I read Elizabeth Bernstein's Wall Street Journal piece, How to cope when you and your partner are falling out of love.
It discusses the idea of "fatal attraction" - that the traits that drew you toward your sweetheart now drive you nuts. Often, we're drawn to a quality in someone else because we somehow lack or desire that quality in ourselves - but then that very quality turns out to be a point of tension. An introverted person might be attracted to someone's more outgoing nature, but then get tired of their constant desire to be sociable.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold