Most people want to become successful as quickly as possible. The problem is, many don't know how to go about doing it.
In a Quora thread titled, "How Can I Accelerate My Personal Growth?" users discussed how they get ahead in their working lives.
Here are 17 of the most practical pieces of career advice we found.
1. Determine what you have to offer. As Abraham Lincoln says, "Whatever you are, be a good one." Before thinking about how to get ahead, figure out if the direction you are going in places you in the best position to use your natural skills and contribute to those around you.
If you're not certain yet, don't be afraid to experiment. It takes most people a few tries to figure out what they're good at. -Daniel Vlcek
2. Be selective in your pursuits. Don't waste time doing menial tasks that don't contribute much to your larger goal. Pick something that has greater impact, more responsibility, and a steeper learning curve. By doing this, you can feel certain you are always using your time in an effective way. -Satpal Parmar
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Transfer your debt to a card with 0% intro APR until 2022
- Score a $200 Sign Up Bonus fast with this card
- Our 2 Favorite Cards for Everyday Expenses
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program