Most people want to become successful as quickly as possible. The problem is, many don't know how to go about doing it.
In a Quora thread titled, "How Can I Accelerate My Personal Growth?" users discussed how they get ahead in their working lives.
Here are 17 of the most practical pieces of career advice we found.
1. Determine what you have to offer. As Abraham Lincoln says, "Whatever you are, be a good one." Before thinking about how to get ahead, figure out if the direction you are going in places you in the best position to use your natural skills and contribute to those around you.
If you're not certain yet, don't be afraid to experiment. It takes most people a few tries to figure out what they're good at. -Daniel Vlcek
2. Be selective in your pursuits. Don't waste time doing menial tasks that don't contribute much to your larger goal. Pick something that has greater impact, more responsibility, and a steeper learning curve. By doing this, you can feel certain you are always using your time in an effective way. -Satpal Parmar
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold