Bill O'Connor* was laid off in February 2014 after three years of working his way up from a sales associate to a sales manager at a mid-sized media company. Within one month, he gained employment at another media company, although for less money. He's not worried though because he can see possibilities to work his way back up the ladder.
But here's what makes Bill's story particularly compelling. It's not the first time it's happened to him. In fact, this is the second time in his 30+ year sales career that he's landed on his feet within one month of ending a previous sales position. Although not comfortable sharing his name, Bill agreed to share his personal sales philosophy and success tips in gaining new sales jobs.
Q:You landed your next job within 1-2 months of being laid off. What steps did you take to effect such a fast turn-around?
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold