Everyday when the alarm clock rings and we head into the office, we are faced with a choice -– How do we want to show up today?
As a young professional, you face this critical choice each and every morning. How you answer this question will determine whether you have the success you desire or just wallow in mediocrity.
You just show up. Your focus is on getting through the day. You do only what your boss tells you to do. You meet the minimum requirements so you can stay employed. You think like an employee. You spend your morning thinking about what you're going to have for lunch and your afternoon thinking about what you're going to have for dinner. You keep your head down. You don't make waves. You play it safe. You're in the survival mode.
You behave as the person you aspire to be. You think BIG. You're constantly asking yourself: "How can I make a positive impact on this business?" "What is my boss worried about and how can I lighten her load?' You take pride in your work. You're not afraid to take a calculated risk. You're taking initiative and making things happen. You have a mindset that would rather ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. You're anticipating problems and staying one step ahead of your boss. You step up. You think like an owner. You behave like a leader. You get it done. You deliver.
The reality of today's Corporate America is that you have to justify your existence each and every day. Companies no longer have the luxury of carrying anybody. If you're dead weight, you'll be tossed overboard. If you are not generating solutions, you are a problem. To borrow from JFK – Ask not what your company can do for you, but what you can do to help make your company great.
Do you want to be just another cog in the machine or someone who's doing the things that matter? Do you choose mediocrity or excellence?
Through the choice you make, you define yourself. Who will you be today? The choice is yours.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.06% APR. Can you save?
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program