Rebels are sexy. Rebels are cool. Rebels are not always welcome in the workplace. In fact, if you're a rebel in the workplace, it's often a small step to becoming a martyr for the workplace, says Lois Kelly.
"Rebels' velocity scares people," says Kelly, an author (Beyond Buzz) and former PR professional, who runs the website RebelsatWork.com, with the former deputy director of intelligence for the CIA (!) Carmen Medina, now a Deloitte consultant.
The pair appeared together at South by Southwest last month to "show rebels how to lead change from within [a company or organization] without committing career suicide."
Kelly and Medina offer these 20 ways "to be a more effective rebel," and effect positive change without ending up roadkill for a cause:
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program