For your Florida spring break, we're happy to share the best places to play with dolphins, or just where to relax with a Bloody Mary in hand. Check out our spring break crawls in Miami, Orlando, Key West and the Fort Myers area.
For additional insight for travelers to the Sunshine State, though, we defer to Carl Hiaasen. In 13 novels and more than 35 years as a journalist with the Miami Herald, Hiaasen has critiqued, chronicled and defended the sometimes strange and always intriguing culture of Florida.
Here are 13 things about Florida every traveler should know, as mined from some of his novels. Note: Some words below are not safe for work. Bold type has been added to the text for emphasis.
The Latest from our Partners
- Old Navy shoppers say these fleece-lined leggings are ‘warm and com…
- 5 delicious croissant recipes from TikTok
- More than 3,700 Amazon shoppers rave about this $25 mini space heater
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since April 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious