By Robin Reshwan
Cover letter. Two words that instill dread in most job seekers. There is definitely an art to summing up experience, skills and passion in an engaging letter that captures the reader's attention. While it is not a task that most look forward to, there are steps you can take to make it more effective. These five tips will put you on the path of cover letter success.
1. Write purposefully. The goal of a cover letter is to create reader interest so that he continues on to your résumé. A cover letter should not be about your needs but rather how your past experience, professional skills and your passions will benefit the hiring organization. Also, a cover letter is not a restatement of your résumé – it is the hook that pulls the audience to the résumé. Keep these points in mind when writing your letter.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap