When you think of free games to play on PC it's easy to think of flash gaming sites or Facebook games, which are perfectly acceptable forms of casual gaming, but what if you want a more substantive game to play? Well, thankfully several developers and publishers have gotten behind the free-to-play business model (and in more genres than just MMORPGs.) Below I have arranged my list of the top 5 free PC games that you should be playing in 2013, that aren't MMORPGs. For that dedicated list, check it out over here! Clearly, your favorite game may not be on the list, so I encourage you all to let me know your personal picks in the comments below!
his game started to hit the market last year and you can check out my beta impressions over here. We also featured in our post about the best PC games from last year, but it hasn't even really hit its stride yet. This game is not only 100% free to download and play, it's also absolutely gorgeous and incredibly immersive. With a solid rig, big monitor and nice headset, this is about the best it gets for mech-combat games. Somehow, they figured out a way to make it feel incredibly intense and visceral, while avoiding the slow-pace that often plagues mech games. Check out the site right here.
4) League of Legends
If you haven't at least heard of LoL, then you're doing something wrong when it comes to PC gaming. This is the most-played game in the world right now, has massive competitions, is featured in professional gaming events, attracts millions of players all-day everyday and continues to grow and get better and better. The entire Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) genre spawned from a mod on Warcraf II called Defense of the Ancients (DoTA) and has taken the world by storm. There are tons of MOBA offerings on the market now, but LoL is not only the undeniably most popular, it's also totally free-to-play. Maybe you can go pro? Check out the full site here.
3) Blacklight: Retribution
The above video is the first entry in my Free-to-Play Focus series of videos/articles that you can check out the full entry for right here. BL: R is a first-person shooter that can be downloaded from Steam, or directly from the game's website. The game has most all of the bells-and-whistles of "AAA" competitive shooters, along with tons of customization options once you get into the meat of the game. Another great perk is that a decent amount of upgrades and skins are available just from playing the game through the leveling system, and Raptr Rewards, without having to pay real money.
To read the full article, go to Koalition>
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Upgrade your favorite foods with these easy air fryer hacks
- Learn the basics of at-home baking with this perfect chocolate chip co…
- Chriselle Lim is changing the way millennial and Gen Z moms work
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021