The job of working as a door-to-door salesman may be a relic from the past. But that hardly means sales work is dying in America. Although 1 in 9 Americans work in sales, best-selling author Daniel Pink says the true figure is 9 of out of 9. As he explains in his 2012 book, To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others, selling has become central to every American occupation.
As Pink writes in the book, not every worker is "stalking customers in a furniture showroom, but they -- make that we -- are engaged in what I call ' non-sales selling.' We're persuading, convincing and influencing others to give up something they've got in exchange for what we've got."
On Friday, Pink joined AOL Jobs' "Lunchtime Live" video series to discuss the skills you need to survive and thrive in such an environment. Watch the full discussion on Youtube here.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program