So many choices, so little time! If that is your mantra, it's time to take a serious look at your life and try to pare things down so you're not overwhelmed and you can get more done. Luckily, there are steps you can take, some very easy, and others that may take more effort, to streamline your day so you're not so exhausted when you fall into bed.
Productivity experts tout this as key to successfully making it through the day, and there's no doubt that it's worth spending a little extra energy on the front end of your day, week or month identifying what is most important. It can make you happier at work and at home. Make sure to include time for both work and personal projects on your priority list, and recognize that you'll need to adjust your those priorities occasionally; don't be too dogmatic.
2. Create a Schedule
In addition to the feeling of accomplishment you can earn when you check something off, a schedule helps you keep on track with your priorities. However, don't be overly optimistic. If you're always bragging to friends about your 50-item to-do list, it's time to rethink your strategy; you can't possibly get that much done in a day. Instead, think about managing two, simultaneous lists: one to realistically accomplish in a day, and the other a longer-term plan.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.979% APR (15 yr)
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- Little-Known VA Option Could Save Veterans Thousands
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 4 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)
- Pay No Interest Until 2022 With A Better Credit Card
- Getting approved for 1 of these cards means you have excellent credit
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program