Both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 sport 8 Giga Bytes of RAM, but Microsoft has been criticized for reserving 3GB for system and background applications, leaving just 5GB for games. It seems that Sony also has similar limitations on PlayStation 4 games' RAM usage.
According to Digital Foundry, Sony's current PS4 developer documentation states that 3.5GB of the console's 8GB RAM are reserved for system and background applications, leaving 4.5GB only to games.
The report noted however that RAM allocation is relatively flexible and that – depending on availability – games might be able to claim an extra 1GB of RAM.
Sources close to Sony revealed that the company's R&D team is looking for ways to optimize the console's operating system, so it is possible that more RAM will be available to games at launch. There are no guarantees for that though.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 6 ways to level up s’mores
- Need sustainable activewear? Look no further than this Black-owned bra…
- WSEL Bags is making sure dads don’t have to sacrifice style with their…
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards