During the San Diego Comic-Con this weekend, Cartoon Network's Adventure Time had a huge presence, between the Ice King booth where you could literally walk into his mouth (there were stations inside) and the star-studded panel that brought out hoodie-wearing fans in droves. But that wasn't all, as the ShiftyLook Arcade housed an upcoming console game that fans could check out.
The game, officially titled Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!, is a nearly top-down action/adventure where you control up to four characters as they work their way through dungeons and overworld maps, collecting items while defeating enemies. In a way, it's almost kind of like Gauntlet, but with the presence of familiar characters from the show. Oh, and it's silly. But you knew that.
Adventure Time will feature numerous playable characters, but, for our hands-on time with it, we stuck with Finn the human and Jake the flabby-armed dog. Players can drop in and out of a session at any time, though there's no confirmation whether it will have online support or not. (It's not looking likely, but you never know...)
In the game, you begin by going into an open world hub, where you deal with a variety of characters to prep yourself for the quest. This includes talking to Loose Goose, among others, and picking up supplies and weapons you're going to need. From there, you'll head over to a manhole, where you'll decide which level you'll start on (beginning the first time around, you'll automatically head to level one) and venture into the catacombs.
From there, the game uses a nearly top-down perspective as you explore through the caverns, defeating enemies with your attacks – Finn with his sword, Jake with punches – and collecting items like gumballs and other power-ups. Occasionally, you'll need to destroy generators, in pureGauntlet-esque fashion, to avoid new enemies from popping up. It's relatively easy to do, and the more people you have in your party, the merrier. (As stated before, up to four can join in.)
- Latest mortgage news: Virus news pushes rates down this week
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Your Best Refinance Rates for December 2021
- How To Pay Off Your House ASAP (It's So Simple)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- TikToker reveals how Costco puts sauce on pizza
- FYI, there are a bunch of soft and fluffy UGG slippers on sale for up …
- 4-year-old daughter ‘scares’ mom with her business savviness when she …
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for December 2021
- Shop Now, Pay Interest Later With These Top Cards
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now