By now, most workers know that it's easy to get fired for mouthing off on Facebook or Twitter. So when Mark Kessler, a police chief in central Pennsylvania, posted YouTube video rants in which he shoots at images of Democratic party leaders and curses at them as "traitors" and "libtards," you might think that he'd be in for stern discipline.
So far, his comments have provoked intense controversy and debate, with some residents expressing support and others disgust, but Kessler -- also the sole police officer for the town of 800 residents-- has not been reprimanded by his superiors. In fact, his boss, Gilberton Borough Mayor Mary Lou Hannon has released a statement of support.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold