South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker have found it "impossible" to balance the introduction of new characters while honoring the show in their upcoming game South Park: The Stick of Truth.
Speaking at Comic-Con, the show's creators, now working on the game alongside Obsidian's developers, explained that they had to cut down the nearly 850-page script. One of the most difficult things they've had to do is find balance between what characters and gags from the show to bring into the game.
"How much do you want to include new characters? And how much do we want to go back and honor the show?" Stone reiterated during the panel. "It's been impossible."
I saw the game at E3 last month and I actually thought it had quite a nice balance of new and old. While some of the jokes are new, the characters' attitudes, beliefs, and tones stay the same, creating a vibe really similar to the show. So I wouldn't necessarily say it's been impossible; then again, I haven't spent months editing which content won't make it into the final version. The two repeatedly referred to the game's development as a six month-long Tuesday -- a reference to the chaotic day before the South Park TV show airs.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You