Hang on to those PlayStation 3 wireless headsets, folks, the PS4 will support them. A Sony official told Polygon that the PlayStation 4 will support PlayStation 3 headsets, meaning you won't have to go out and purchase an entirely new one.
Regardless of your decision, the PS4 will still ship with its own headset -- a mono earbud with a microphone attached to the wire. I don't know about you, but I personally hate having those earbud headsets. Still, I suppose the mono earbud is better than what Microsoft is offering with the Xbox One which is no headset at all. Rather than including even the most basic headset with the Xbox One, the system will instead emphasize the Kinect's voice inputs. On top of that, previous-generation Xbox headsets will not be compatible with the Xbox One controller due to a new adapter port.
The PlayStation 4 is due out later this year during the holiday season and will be available for $399. Alternatively, the Xbox One will be released in November for $499. Does the fact that the PS4 will support older headsets sway your decision at all? Both systems are on full display at this week's Comic-Con International: San Diego, giving attendees a chance to compare the two with hands-on time.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021