A petition on Change.org is asking Microsoft to return Xbox One's always-online DRM
Microsoft had received a lot of heat when it announced that Xbox One must phone home at least once daily or it would stop running games. Public outrage was so evident, Microsoft had to scrap that requirement completely. But the petitioners believe that Microsoft has ruined the console by listening to "uninformed consumers."
"This was to be the future of entertainment," the petition reads."A new wave of gaming where you could buy games digitally, then trade, share or sell those digital licenses. Essentially, it was Steam for Xbox. But consumers were uninformed, and railed against it, and it was taken away because Sony took advantage of consumers uncertainty."
"We want this back. It can't be all or nothing, there must be a compromise."
The petition has already reached its goal of 10,000 signatures.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Snag Amazon devices for less, thanks to these early Prime Day deals
- My mom has been a flight attendant for 38 years — here’s what she swea…
- This expensive-looking tank on Nordstrom is now 40% off — get it befor…
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards