The issue that resulted in rising prices when converting Microsoft Points to real currency, as a result of beta-testing for the new Xbox 360 dashboard update, is an "unintended error" that Microsoft is "in the process of fixing." It was originally believed that Microsoft was raising the price of its games as a result of changing to a real-world, local currency system. The new, local currency prices were higher than if it were paid for with Microsoft Points, but were more in line with prices on PSN. As it turns out, it's all a big mistake anyway.
"We are aware that select regions experienced some incorrect game title pricing in the Xbox Live beta. This was an unintended error that we are in the process of fixing," a Microsoft spokesperson told Joystiq. "We'll be reimbursing impacted beta participants for the difference in what was paid and what the price will be after the update is available to all members.
"Of note, beta programs give us a chance to test, fix and correct issues like this. As with all betas, we take the learnings from our program and make corrections and adjustments prior to the update being available to all members. As always, we appreciate the participation of our beta customers in helping us launch and build great products."
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Don’t know how to use your air fryer? This cheat sheet can help
- More than 2,000 Amazon shoppers say this best-selling shoe cleaner rea…
- Nordstrom shoppers love these best-selling sandals — and they’re up to…
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022